Blogs > GameTimeCT Football

A look at high school football throughout the state

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dobbs to be 2012 UConn recruit (updated)

Ansonia running back Montrell Dobbs, the 2010 Register All-State MVP, orally committed Thursday to play at UConn.

Dobbs will be a 2012 recruit for the Huskies, and he'll still attend Milford Academy, a prep school in New Berlin, N.Y., in the fall.

Dobbs went on an unofficial visit to UConn on Wednesday and UConn head coach Paul Pasqualoni made Dobbs a scholarship offer. Dobbs called Pasqualoni shortly before noon on Thursday to officially commit.

"Everybody knows I was big on UConn," Dobbs said. "It's what I wanted. It's a big deal to me."

"I just want to help UConn become a better team as a whole," Dobbs added. "I want to become a better player."

Said Ansonia coach Tom Brockett: "They're getting a great player. Obviously he's very deserving of it. They're getting a kid that a lot of people are starting to call and want. It's a credit to him. UConn's his dream school and I am thrilled for him."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home