Blogs > GameTimeCT Football

A look at high school football throughout the state

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Signing Day sound bites

A slew of area athletes signed National Letters of Intent on Wednesday. Click here for our list of state recruits.

Notre Dame-West Haven QB Sean Goldrich will attend the University of New Hampshire.

Said Goldrich: "They have a good atmosphere up there. I like the offensive that they run. It's not too far from home. My family can come up and watch me play."

Goldrich also received interest from UMass, Rhode Island, Iowa and Central Conn. Goldrich said he will red shirt as a freshman. Former Brunswick (Greenwich) standout Kevin Decker, a current junior, is expected to be the Wildcats' starter next season.

Goldrich's ND teammate David Rose signed with Central Conn. Rose also received interest from Assumption, Maine, New Hampshire, Villanova and Southern Conn.

Rose said he choose CCSU because of its strong science program---Rose will likely major in biology--and because of the financial package Central offered.

Said Rose: "It’s a good fit for me. They have a winning program and it’s an opportunity for me to come and play right away."

Hopkins safety Jordan Sebastian signed with Rhode Island, the only school he visited, despite interest from Sacred Heart and Maine.

Said Sebastian: "I felt comfortable when I was at the campus. It felt like a big family---which I like."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home