Blogs > GameTimeCT Football

A look at high school football throughout the state

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Former Trumbull coach Jerry McDougall dies at age 75

From the Trumbull Times.Com

Jerry McDougall, patriarch of athletics at Trumbull High, passed away Wednesday morning at St. Vincent's Hospital at the age of 75.

McDougall is survived by his two children, Jerry McDougall Jr. and Lauren Jorgensen. He was predeceased by his wife, Loretta, who died in 2001.

"Coach McDougall simply taught me how to be a better person," said Mike Buswell, who played both football and baseball for McDougall at Trumbull High.

"I asked him when I first started coaching, 'How did you win so many games?' Coach told me when times are good or bad, teach the player, teach the game."


Read the rest of the story here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andrew Weaver said...

One the nicest men I have ever met.

October 13, 2011 at 10:14 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home