Blogs > GameTimeCT Football

A look at high school football throughout the state

Friday, September 26, 2008

Hand's Filippone wishes Prep well

After Hand emerged with a hard-fought 27-21 victory over Fairfield Prep, Hand coach Steve Filippone pulled Fairfield Prep quarterback Brendan Nizolek aside and wished the 5-foot-11, 175 pound junior and his teammates well.

Nizolek's brother, Ryan, was a fullback/linebacker at Hand from 2002-2005, and helped led the Tigers to three state titles.

"I told Nizo that I wanted them (Fairfield Prep) to be 9-1 and the one (loss) be to us," Filippone said. "I'm hoping for both Richie (Fairfield Prep coach Rich Magdon), because as far as I'm concerned Rich Magdon is as good a man as there is in high school coaching. I mean that, sincerely. He is absolutely the cream of the crop, and I, of course, love Brendan. I hope they win nine games and go to the state championship game. I'll be there rooting for them, for sure."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home